Monday, July 11th

Well, we’re home!  Home sweet home!  We got home Friday night.  We decided to come home early and surprise Ken.  He said he suspected something, but I don’t think so.  🙂  Friday was a very busy day.  We had to be at the hospital in Grand Rapids at 6:45.  Jacob had his MRI at 7:15 and then his bone scan at 12:30.  It was supposed to be at 1:00, but they moved it up a 1/2 hour once they heard we were heading home – hoping to make our day a little better.  We had quite a bit of time in-between the scans, so we just killed time in Grand Rapids.  His bone scan ended up taking about 2 hours.  Usually it takes about an hour, but Jacob fell asleep and kept moving, so they would have to retake the pics.  They felt bad that he was up so early, they didn’t want to wake him.  🙁  Well, both my sisters brought Caleb up to Grand Rapids to meet us so we could just leave from there (thank you girls – love ya!).  It was a long trip home.  I think just from being sooo tired!   But it went well.  The boys did good and the weather was nice.  We got home at 9:30.  Believe me, he was surprised!  🙂

Saturday, we didn’t do much in the morning.  Quite lazy, actually!  In the afternoon, we went to a retirement party for a friend of ours.  The kids had a blast!  It was for Jacob’s best friend’s Dad.  Jacob’s friend didn’t even know we were coming, so that was a fun surprise too!  We had a very good time!

Sunday was church.  What a fun announcement to make at church about Jacob’s PET Scan!  Praise God!  We’re still ecstatic!  It was so hot yesterday, which most of you know, that we didn’t do much else.  Jacob had a birthday party to go to for his friend Dawson.  I had a hard time letting him go (it was a sleep-over).  I kept worrying about him over-doing it, trying to keep up with the other boys and over-heating in the sun.  I’ve just gotten too over-protective the last few months.  With good reason, I guess.  I wanted to keep calling every couple hours, but only let myself once.  I knew he was in good hands, but just worried.  First time he’s been away from me without family since this all started.  I guess I need to learn to relax.  🙂

Well, now it’s Monday……I picked Jacob on my way into town to grocery shop.  He had a blast!  Didn’t want to leave, of course.  He told me that it was just because he hasn’t seen all of his friends together that much since March.  I can understand that. 

We’ll be home for another week or so before we head back downstate again.  We’ll be leaving out of state for treatment for a month or so.  It’ll be so nice to be back after that.  Just that much sweeter!    Please continue to pray for Jacob.  Even though his test came back clear, I know that doesn’t mean he’s in the clear.  This will mean a lifestyle change and we’re all willing to do it, especially if that means everyone is healthy in our home.  🙂   We’re so thankful for all of your prayers.  I know that helped tremendously!!!!  🙂

Comments feed for this article 1 Comment

Your Comment: