Comments feed for this article 593 Comments

1. Joette Studt says:

Hello Stieler Family! We are so happy to hear that Jacob had such a great day yesterday. Al and I will be down at Mary Free Bed on April 7th and 8th so Al can be fitted for his straight leg braces. I hope we get to see each other, Al and Jacob can have wheeler chair races! We will be staying at the Mary Free Bed Inn. I hope you have bee given information on the Inn, it’s such a awesome place to stay and your connected to the rehab center.
    Love to you all, Al and Joette

2. deanna jones says:

jacob,
    i hope you are having a good day today. i love you hope for jacob page. please post your art work so we all can see it. keep the pictures coming. i’m glad to see a big smile on your face. you look like a race car driver in your wheelchair. i bet you are speedy. take care, deedee

3. Sharon Bodenus says:

Hello Jacob’s Family and Jacob!
    Prayers will go up for you everyday from my home front. May God’s wonderful healing hands touch you so that very soon you will be 100% well again.
    God bless you all,
    Sharon Bodenus

4. Heather Carroll says:

Hi Jacob,
    It is nice to see pictures where you are smiling. Can’t wait for you to get back to school.Stay positive.
    Ms Heather

5. Andy & Peggy Larsen & family says:

Hey Jacob,
    I talked with your dad last night and heard what’s happening. It was great to look around here this morning and see you *smiling* in all the pictures. Just want you and your family to know that our family is praying for you. Keep on smiling, and I’ll look forward to seeing you again back at home!

6. Mike, Robin, Stina, Laura, & Erik says:

Hi Jacob, Caleb, Erin, and Ken! Thinking about you guys and glad that everything is going good so far. Praying everyday for all of you especially Jacob. You look great in the pictures posted. I know I have said already but if you need help with anything at home, let me know – mail etc. Take care and hope to see you guys soon:)

7. Dorie Schmidt says:

Hi Everyone!
    Thinking about you all and happy to see Jacob is tooling around behind the wheelchair,not in it! Saying prayers for test results.

8. Uncle Neil, Aunt Kristina & Brady says:

Hey Jacob, we had a great visit with you & your mom tonight and happy to see you are doing good! When we got home tonight we started building a big ramp so we can jump your wheelchair in the hospital lobby, it’s gonna be cool. Oh yeah, and next time we come visit I’m gonna have to beat you in Connect 4!!! We’ll see you again real soon!
    Love,
    Uncle Neil, Aunt Kristina & Brady

9. Tami Westman says:

Hi Jacob. I remember you from Day Camp. I am Pastor Ron’s wife and I went around camp taking pictures and doing lots of other stuff. Cappy from Brown’s store talked to your Dad and she told me you are in the hospital and about this website. She also said you like jokes….I have a couple for you. But first I want you to know that Pastor Ron and I are praying for you and your mom, dad and brother. I know this is hard. Always remember that Jesus is with you where ever you are and lots of people are praying.
    O.K….here are the jokes:
    What game do elephants and ants play together? Squash!
    What is smaller than an ant’s dinner? An ant’s mouth!
    I will send you more later.
    Ms Tami

10. Aunt and Uncle Juggs says:

Hey there little Iron Man, love the picture with your nuclear heart light on!!! Wanted to let you know that the nice people from Triumph, where Grandpa and Uncle Dave work, are going to throw a spaghetti dinner benefit in your name. People will get to come and pig out on spaghetti and buy prizes and all the money goes to help you out. I will keep you posted on the date and then you can post it on your site so everyone that reads it can come. So stay strong and keep up the good work. We are so proud to see your smiling face in these pictures 🙂 Love you lots, Aunt Kima and Uncle Dave.

11. Emily says:

Your Aunt Liz called me first thing Thirsday morning to ask for prayer, myself, husband and 2 kidos continue to pray for your recovery and continued positive news for the future. You are a brave young man and we will be thinking of you often 🙂

12. Greg, Leah & Miles says:

Hi Jacob! We’ve been thinking about you and glad to hear you’re making so much progress. The picture of your Iron Man chest light was pretty cool. Stay tough little dude & we’ll be on Yeti watch till you get back!

Love,
    Greg, Leah & Miles

13. Laura Bennington says:

I know that we are not acquainted but you know my oldest brother Mark Schmidt very well. I would like to offer any support that you might need. If you need a home cooked meal, a place to stay, a place away from everyone, I live in Hudsonville outside of Grand Rapids and would be happy to help in any way. I have asked my co-workers and friends to keep you Jacob, Mom, dad and Caleb in their prayers and I continue to pray that the physicians and medical staff have the assistance from God to help in your healing. If you are up for video games, we got most of them but not all of them. God Bless you and please let me know if there is anything you need. Would love to help,

laura

14. The Milner's says:

Hi Jacob,
    Just wanted you to know that we are thinking of you and saying many prayers for you and your family. Evan is missing you a bunch. Call him anytime you would like…he says recess isn’t much fun without you. So get well and get stronger so you guys can have some fun pretty soon. Tell your mom I said hi and give her a big hug from me =) Are you allowed to get small packages? Evan wanted to send a few little things to you. Take care buddy…we will be watching for updates and saying prayers for you.

With much love to you, Jacob! Stephanie Milner

15. DAD says:

HEY BUB, LOOKS LIKE I GET TO SEE YOU TOMORROW, IF YOU CAN STAY AWAKE. “CAN’T WAIT”. AS LONG AS THE OLE DEER SLAYER HAS ONE MORE TRIP IN HER.

NO PLANE RIDE THIS WEEK, MAYBE NEXT TIME.

LOVE YA DAD.

16. Peggy says:

Hi Jacob, my neice asked for prayers for you. I would like permission to tell my friends your story and ask for prayer for you. I know people all over the USA and some in foreign countries. You look like a very nice person and full of life and fun. You remind yourself that people will be praying when you have a bad moment and I will keep praying. Blessings to you. Peg

17. Carisa Taylor says:

HI Jacob,
    We are all so happy you are healing so fast! You are a strong little man and the physical therapy will make you even stronger. We can’t wait to go camping this year and go to the sand dunes! Keep up the good work! Hope to see you soon. Love, Carisa, Uncle Stinky, Lindsay, Ryan & Sam.

18. Pastor Kevin Taylor says:

Ken,
    Would you consider grabbing a meal together tonight after you get off work? You can reach me on my cell phone at 250-1662. Thanks!
    Kevin Taylor

19. Gayla Kretovic says:

Hi Jacob, We want to tell you how happy we are that you are making such fast progress. Keep up the good work,buddy !! We pray for you, and you are in our thoughts all day. We loved the story about you wearing the vest with lights on it in the lobby under your shirt.(that must of gotten everyone’s attention) We Love You, Aunt Gaye & Uncle Marty

20. Billie Pohlman says:

Erin, Chad wants to send Jacob a card; what is the address where we can send one. Hang in there tough girl. You have alot of people on your side.